Ever found yourself scrolling and scrolling the bottomless pit of pretty Instragam accounts? The more you scroll the more you find and the sadder you feel? Wondering HOW THE HELL do they do it? And why your's doesn't look that good? Totally depressing, right? Could be, YES but really doesn't have to be!
It's all about consistency.
Some tips for making your business Instagram account look amazing!
1. Choose a 'colour' that is your brand. Like 'red' is to Coke and 'black' is to Youi. You need to find your specific colour. Mine is pink (obviously).
This one is easy! Choose it and embrace it and love it. It's here to stay!
2. Give your brand a personality or an identity. Pebble+Fred is friendly, girly, playful and fun. Your's maybe cool or sophisticated? It may have some attitude or it maybe classy. Your business may have a punk rocker attitude or be totally baby cute. Whatever it is is OK.
3. Know your customer. Age, gender, likes, dislikes, hobbies, how they spend their spare time and so on. They are your money, the food on your table they are YOUR MOST IMPORTANT ASSET. So get to know them well.
TOP TIP: Do a survey or competition or something that makes them reveal themselves. Really get to know them so you can GIVE them what THEY want.
4. Take your photos. So, now you know your 'colour' take pictures of your product and include your 'colour' in all the shots. Let's say it's pink. Fancy that. It could be a piece of pink paper or pink flowers or pink balloons or a pink piece of clothing. The colour does NOT need to take up the whole image or be the main focus it just needs to be in the picture...little or big doesn't matter just include it.
TOP TIP: My point is that all the images are different but have something consistent in all of them.
5. Make sure you edit all your photos the same. Make a profile in your editing program (if you can) so you know each time it is the same as the last. Again, you want your photos to be all different but consistent in they way they look.
TOP TIP: Do yourself a favour and don't use a filter. This makes life so difficult especially if your trying to make them look similar every time. Nightmare.
Now - think about your account on a whole. You want your account to look good in it's entirety. Something to think about: are the photos perfectly pieced together and spaced evenly in amongst the others? Is the colouring consistent, is there enough white space to break things up and keep it balanced? REMEMBER it's not all about the individual images it about the account on a whole.
6. Now you need other stuff. For example, if every single photo I posted was of earrings you would be SO bored. I'd be bored and the account would be boring. So, everyday I think about WHAT YOU GIRLS WANT TO SEE. So... I know you all love colour and are somewhat girly. If you weren't then you probably wouldn't be following my account! I know you love the funner and non fancy types of jewellery which also makes me think you are not sitting in a penthouse apartment bathed In Louis Vuitton eating caviar. It makes me think you are out eating ice cream on the beach with your family or shopping with your friends or sharing a smoothie in the park or something that is fun and real life. Like REAL LIFE. I feel you girls are real life (love that and love you). So.... I give you images of the sea, ice cream, cake, animals, babies, balloons, flowers and holiday destinations. Not that they resemble my earrings because they certainly do not but those things to YOU, are like eye candy! Getting my picture?
TOP TIP: Think about your customer carefully and bring in images that you think they would love to see.
7. White space - just like ANYTHING visual you need white space. Our poor brains need space to breathe and that's what white space offers. It balances the busy-ness, breaks up the clutter and allows a clear platform for the next image to come forth! ha.
For me, quotes offer the best available white space. I choose quotes that are short and preferably on white background. I scatter these around my account, especially if I find some images have made it feel cluttered or dark or too heavy to one side. AND now that you know your customer and your brands 'personality' you can choose the right quotes that will ring or sing to your followers!
Creating a great account does take a lot of hard work especially in the beginning while you find your theme and groove but it soon comes easy I promise. Like riding a bike. Hope this helps some of you build amazing accounts. xxx